Favorite Hannah Picture

Favorite Hannah Picture
"Yes, the park!"

Hannah Ballerina

Hannah Ballerina

Play Time

Play Time
"Go super fast!"

Hannah's Room

Hannah's Room

Happier Hannah

Happier Hannah

Hannah sleeping 4-13-10

Hannah sleeping 4-13-10

Preschool Friend's Art

Preschool Friend's Art
Yeah! Friends!

Friday, July 2, 2010

Quick Recap

This time around the chemo is behaving exactly as they expected. All her blood counts are down, red, platelet, white, and ANC. The ANC went from 1070 on Tuesday to 536 on Thursday. We will see tomorrow is she needs a transfusion of platelets or red blood. Starting Tuesday she will move to two other types of chemo medicine. She will remain on those until July 20. If her counts are up at the July 20th appointment then we can begin Interim Maintenance (IM) which is the next phase of treatment. Also, on July 21 she will have her next bone marrow aspiration (BMA). The results of that will let us know how much cancer is left in her body.

Also, Andrew came with us on Wednesday and had a great time. So, for Thursday and Friday BOTH boys wanted to come. They have decided that was enough hospital time and are not coming tomorrow.

Every now and then, I have a hard time with the fact that all Hannah ever sees anymore is the inside of the hospital or the inside of our house. Since April, and this is just the beginning. It is going to be awhile before she has enough of an immune system to be a normal child. My heart breaks for her as she tries to remember the songs from preschool or the sequence of morning circle time. Of course, there are those crazy boys and that ridiculous Rian... ;-)
Thank goodness we are a fun bunch!

Here is Hannah playing with the spinning wall contraption in the waiting room. It is everyone's fav.











Andrew and Hannah zoning out watching Bugs Life.

3 comments:

  1. What a good big brother!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You do have amazing children. Loved the dancing princess, man those boys are handsome. Looking forward to being part of your routine. All my love Thanks for sharing such a rich moment

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi...came across your blog via the WS Blog and I appreciate you taking the time to document this. I have to say that the "favorite Hannah picture" is just an awesome image capture. I love photography (and kids) and it makes me wonder if it might be the best 'kids photo' I've ever seen. It shows so much about her personality, and also just the carefree nature of kids and their simple pleasures. It's great. So, then I looked at the NEXT pic and obviously can see that Hannah loves her ballet. Has she ever had the chance to go to (or see) the PacNW Ballet's ballerinas practice up close (if not perform)? I imagine she'd love it...I live down on Valley St near Mercer and I see the ballerinas and their littler versions all going to practice in the morning when I go get coffee down there. If Hannah hasn't done that, I bet she'd love it (I am assuming they might let someone watch the practices in the background). If she isn't able to go outside, I wonder if a couple of ballerinas might come pay her a visit some day in her room? :) I know one of the PNB girls who lives in my building so I'll have to do some asking around...

    ReplyDelete