Favorite Hannah Picture

Favorite Hannah Picture
"Yes, the park!"

Hannah Ballerina

Hannah Ballerina

Play Time

Play Time
"Go super fast!"

Hannah's Room

Hannah's Room

Happier Hannah

Happier Hannah

Hannah sleeping 4-13-10

Hannah sleeping 4-13-10

Preschool Friend's Art

Preschool Friend's Art
Yeah! Friends!

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Backyard Camping?


Here is a cute picture of Hannah from last year's camping trip. It was very early morning and she looks tired, but adorable.


For the last few years we have made going camping in August a ritual. It is our summer vacation plan. For all the obvious reasons, we will not be pulling out the gear and heading over the mountains, this time.

My experiences camping as a kid have provided me with some unrealistic expectations of how much fun could be had. Needless to say, camping as a parent, is labor intensive and fairly short on the fun I remember. So, I was a bit surprised when my three starting complaining about missing the camping trip, to be echoing the sentiment.

With every thing else going on, it is hard to hear Hannah feeling sad about the things she is missing out on. I would like her to get to concentrate on the things she can do. I think, I may just have to pull out the tent, at least just for the backyard. We could do smores and hot dogs or something. Ah! We could call it Chemo Camping! That might be pushing it.

Anyway, in other Hannah news, she is handling this phase of treatment pretty well. We had a rocky weekend with nausea. She was throwing up more than normal and I had to bring out the big guns in anti-nausea medicine. The heavy duty stuff can make her very drowsy or out of it, so it is a last resort but I am happy it is there. We go in Thursday for more chemo and nausea med refills!

3 comments:

  1. I think a backyard camp out would be fun.

    Enlist the boys to help with set up...roast some marshmallows...and just let loose a little....

    All of you could use it.

    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry she had a tough weekend! And tell her, backyard camping ROCKS. In fact, we're about to do it ourselves, in my Mom's backyard on a visit to her house. I'll let you know how it goes and give you some tips :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Backyard camping does ROCK!! Ask Andrew to fix her a smore, he makes the Best...with much love to Hannah and her recovery.
    Best,
    Jessica

    ReplyDelete