Favorite Hannah Picture

Favorite Hannah Picture
"Yes, the park!"

Hannah Ballerina

Hannah Ballerina

Play Time

Play Time
"Go super fast!"

Hannah's Room

Hannah's Room

Happier Hannah

Happier Hannah

Hannah sleeping 4-13-10

Hannah sleeping 4-13-10

Preschool Friend's Art

Preschool Friend's Art
Yeah! Friends!

Thursday, October 7, 2010

How about bacon, Mama?

This is what my darling child said to me at 4 AM this morning. Let me tell you, if she wasn't so stinking cute, I would not have been up this cold, dark morning to watch a horrid show called Backyardigans and fry bacon. But, she is, and I was.

I was also up several others times through the night putting a small blanket with cows pictures on it, in the dryer for a minute and then wrapping her toes, or arms. That process is what we have unearthed as a way to stop "scratchy legs" or "sprinkle toes".

Those side effects from this round of chemo seem to effect her the most, along with nausea, and appetite loss. She is also on steroids for one week to help boost her body through the chemo. The last time she was on them, we couldn't feed her enough. I had never seen anyone eat that much. This time, it is only keeping her appetite from being nonexistent. That is better than nothing! So, 4am bacon it is!

Sunday was Rian's birthday. We all had a great time playing over at his house. His oldest daughter, Maddie, came up with with a new way to bob for apples. She hung them from strings! It was amazingly hard, and yet SO much fun to watch.


I also have some cute pictures from the zoo last week. Hannah had a great time there. She met a little boy there and they were racing around together for a few minutes. Just as I was thinking, ah the zoo, how normal, Hannah, went up to his mom and said "My name is Hannah, and I have cancer." It sounds sadder than it was. She said it with a big smile, but the poor mom looked HORRIFIED! Kids, they say the darnest things, right?

It is possible, that if your not going through this, that would not have been funny. I however, in this now awkward moment, was struggling not to laugh, (I might have been killed by the other moms), and wishing Mackenzie was there. We could have laughed together with Hannah and escaped the awkward. Oh well. Here are the pics anyway. Hope you are all have a great day!






Hannah loves the sharks!

1 comment:

  1. So wish I was there with you. I would have burst out laughing. Sad? True. Kinda funny though. But I can picture those words coming out of her mouth, the look on Hannah's face while saying it and the poor victim's face too. I may have played the sad trombone for the lady. Wha wha whaaa. Awkward? Maybe but funny in a stupid cancer kind of way. Hannah I hope your scratchy legs and sprinkle toes feel better real soon. Xoxo

    ReplyDelete